In the city centre here at srinagar. Sunday morning, looking for a tea shop. Here I reached to one at the dead end of the lane. I was dragged in by my desire of having a cup of tea in this cool breeze morning. The moment I entered people already seated there paid a serious look on my face as I was from some alien land. Seated myself on the bench which already have three people accommodated on it. One, with big corporate capital belly. Second, having the expression of something to say even if there is nothing to talk. And finally the last one who was analyzing the whole and announcing the conclusions.
As I said earlier, I was now also on the same bench sharing with these three men nothing other than that bench.
I called gently, “Bhaya, can I have a cup of tea, make it fast.”
I think the shop owner (I have doubt, whether he was shop owner or not.) replied politely, “Ya sure. It will be ready in two minutes”.
Now as I have to wait for two minutes, so I thought about these three men sitting beside me. They were talking about the age old talk of shops and nukads, yes you guess it right, it’s called ‘Politics’.
I observed their conversation.
Now here the man with big belly only wants to get capital resources from everything even from Politics. He want big American sponsored corporate companies to be established here; he wants big chemical factories despite looking what we have already did and doing with our precious water bodies. Coming to short he wants to run his nation by looking through the lens of American Corporate Capital.
Oh! Here she arrives. A cup of tea. I had a sip and concentrated again on the conversation three men were having.
After that,
Going to the person who has always something to say, he wants anything but he will not compromise to get something. He will not accept the things if they will affect his life, he simply needs a so called normal life without knowing the pros and cons of the thing. The better I thought he should keep quiet but neither was I a cop that I can keep him quite nor I was the person with huge bank balance. So I lost to him. I was quiet and he was going on with his uncensored shit.
Now it’s the person with conclusions.
After listening to all that and observing the depth of situation. He came with a conclusion. It was that we should accept what the rulers want to force on us.
Why?
The questioned roused from the person who something has to say even if there is nothing to say.
After a little pause answer was: We can’t rebel to our rulers or dictators whosoever is leading us. If we will accept their decisions, we can live a happy and normal life. But sometimes it may affect our life there we have to compromise.
Oh! Compromise.
But the man with no desire to accept compromise disagreed here and objected. “No by compromising to our life we can never live our own life.’
The man with conclusion left the place without understanding the depth of the situation in the other two person’s minds.
The conversation concluded as I had my last sip of tea. I went to the shop owner (I doubt) paid for my tea and moved on to my destination.
But now, after going through this whole, ‘A cup of tea’ experience, some questions arouse in my mind,
Is compromise, a solution to all problems?
What’s our own life?
What are we calling normal life?
What’s called American Corporate Capital?
What will happen if we will establish American sponsored corporate companies?
Then what‘s the solution to soul-less Politics of my vale?
Oh God!
Here I also ended with Politics, but we can’t deny that it’s everywhere in everything. I think it’s omnipresent in contemporary world.
No comments:
Post a Comment