Giving Insight of the Vale
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
It was a dream:
Yesterday, I had a dream, can’t remember the exact time of dream but I remember all the moments I saw. The dream was like this:
“I wake up early in the morning as I heard a group of people raising freedom slogans in the nearby street. The day was 21st June 2047 and the weather was so hot. The freedom struggle of Kashmir was in its full bloom. I have never seen that huge number of people coming out of their homes, demanding the end of Indian occupation in Kashmir. There are men, women, children and older people also, they were all Muslims but I also say many non-Muslims demanding the same. I asked one of the men, “what will happen now?” He replied, (shouting) “this time we will definitely snatch freedom” other men there added, “inshah-allah zaroor.” They were all marching towards main cities, following the many separatists also. Everything was going on peaceful, security forces tried every possible power to dismantle this movement but they failed to do so.
Now it had become a daily routine to see these kinds of marches or processions in these days. Every day lakhs of people are on the roads for the cause of freedom but on Fridays after the prayers there are millions of people demanding the one common goal of independent Kashmir. I was witnessing these thing everyday for one and half month.
One day, on 15th august 2047 when I wake up in the morning, I put on my TV for news; I got surprised to see that, “Kashmir has got freedom.” I hurriedly went outside and I saw huge number of people celebrating everywhere. They were bursting fire crackers, offering sweets and hugging each other. The headlines on newspapers are like this, “Kashmir achieved freedom after hundred years, Independent Kashmir came into existence, World recognised Kashmir as independent nation, etc”. Security forces were leaving the Kashmir. People were hoisting green flags everywhere.
After the celebrations of nearly one month, now was the issue of governance and the safety of non-Muslims. Many fundamentalists raised their voices against the non-Muslims but majority was willing to live in a secular and peaceful Kashmir.
As Kashmir was now preparing to have its own government, it got attacked by its neighbouring countries. They attacked at once with their full power. Next day people were again facing the army but this time the uniform of army was not same. They illegally occupied Kashmir, people showed some resistance but the new forces showed the same callous behaviour. They constructed new barracks and bunkers in every corner of Kashmir. People cant did anything as they are unarmed and became helpless to the next occupation. So, people have got the point that the occupation is continuing but some changes are being done. Suddenly I heard a sound, oh! It was my alarm clock ranging and I got wake up. I quickly checked the time and date, it was 7am 17th march 2009..........!
Then I realised, is this what, we want?
We want freedom and peace but what can we do if this dream comes true, can we resist the other occupation? We have to accumulate the answers from ourselves. I am not asking, to be anti-freedom struggle, we have to continue the struggle but not to be dependent on the occupational country for everything. We should not always wait for the aid from the government. We should make our own resources of economy and try to strengthen Kashmir’s private sector employment also. Why should Kashmir always be dependent? Don’t be dependent, to be independent. We don’t have to comment at our homes on the problems of Kashmir rather than that we should feel their problems and come together to solve them. First we have to build Kashmir as economically, politically, and academically independent to survive and try to make it peaceful nation. Perhaps, then Kashmir can eradicate the threat of other occupational forces. We have to live in unity and brotherhood because,
“Unite we stand, divide we fall.”
1 comment:
Fahad, this sound so much real. Kashmir needs azadi aur sukun, InshaAllah one day, the dream of independence will be real.
keep up the good work.
Rasheeda
Post a Comment